I was hoping for the Fathom to hit in time for me to limit my 'Over 100K miles aka no more battery warranty' in my 2022 Lightning Lariat. Deciding whether to let it ride as I've been trouble free at 92,000 miles or flip it and approx $15K for a low mile 2023-2025 Lariat or Platinum.
Not...
I'll be replacing a 2022 Lightning Lariat w/ the 511, so I don't care if a loaded Fathom with the same gear as a loaded Maverick Lariat is $40k+. That is probably more realistic. Following the Maverick trims and options.
A good discussion. I've owned or driven almost every EV aka used all the door handles. Immediate family has had 12 different EVs since 2022. We currently have a 2025 ME and 2022 Lightning in our house.
Best door handles IMO are the Hyundai Ioniq 5 flush handles. Out of the way but present...
A lot of the size perception comes from the fact there were so many standard cabs and very few full size aka crew cabs (esp in the 1990s). People look at overall length and just see that number.
All that being said, my previous 2020 Honda Ridgeline was WAY more spacious than a friend's vintage...
Good points but be aware on an EV, wheelbase doesn't always have the same relationship due to the additional room in the chassis due to the small size of the electric motors.
It really varies too based on the steering and suspension design and set up. Having had or driven all these, a Ioniq 5...