There's a reason Tesla leads all brands in vehicle fatalities.
I'd prefer they leave the driving to me, and reduce the cost of the vehicle by leaving sensors and hardware that is unnecessary off the Fathom. You have to remember, even one $2 sensor multiplied over hundreds of thousands of...
OTA update means something needs to be fixed or improved. If there are lots of OTA updates that therefore means the vehicle wasn't polished and ready when I bought it. I don't view "more frequent OTA updates" as a positive. I just want a good, reliable vehicle.
39 months and 47,000 miles and the NMC pack in my Mach-E is showing 93% SOH. Should have seen 200 charge cycles or a little more. When I bought the car last week, it appeared that it has been getting charged to 100%. I now have it set up to charge to 95% each time. (Ford artificially reduces...
It's funny that you say that, because Apple actually does not have that much technology compared to other companies when it comes to hardware. If you don't believe me, just look at this latest batch of phones they released this month. I heard that they are paying Samsung $250 per device because...
If this is such an amazing idea, why didn't they do it years ago?
This is all clearly an effort to cut as much cost as they can out of building the vehicle due to recent economic strain on buyers who are sick of $60k vehicles. And therefore I am MOST anxious to see how this translates to the...
I looked at the Trailseeker also. Very interesting vehicle. The interior is where it falls behind. Very Toyota, i.e. dirt cheap. Looks like Rubbermaid was contracted to make the interior. And the placement of that 1980s LCD looking gauge cluster is horrific. It's a shame because the rest...
The more I read and contemplate, the less excited I become about the Fathom. So I ended up following my own chain of thought and picked up a used Mach-E. There are a TON of these coming in off lease right now, in excellent condition, with anywhere from 10k to 40k miles on them and they can be...
When I leased my F-150 Lightning, I took advantage of this promotion. Ford sent a couple of technicians out to my house, and they completely wired up an awesome 60-amp charger for me at no cost to me. The Ford Power Promise promotion was literally the thing that got me to sign papers. Without...
I have actually been looking at used Mach-E cars, and I saw something that jogged my memory. A lot of guys say they've got the interior fogging issue on the Mach-E that also plagues the Lightning. For example, if you set out on a one hour trip, from time to time the interior glass will just...
I mean, it's blatantly obvious that Ford is taking a page out of the Tesla book with the build design of this vehicle. They've essentially copied a LOT of ideas. But that doesn't mean it'll look like a Tesla inside. I fully expect the fonts, controls, etc. to have a very Ford look to them...
The issue with using the Lightning as a home backup generator is that the power curve doesn't play well with the high-current items in a typical house, especially the HVAC system. And if you're not going to be able to use the HVAC system (or stove, water heater, etc.) then what's the point...
I remember when they expected to sell 100k or more units of the Lightning annually.
And then they didn't.
Granted, Fathom is half the price. But, it also is half as capable as a pickup. So we'll see...
One thing about Ford Motor Company, when they find a formula that sells, they don't like messing with it. Particularly true on the trucks.
A Maverick with a battery pack. Ok, well that would be an improvement over the renders I've seen, because with the camo on these Fathoms they are HIDEOUS...