Farley says “It’s going to be a heck of an effort to launch this [Fathom] at scale, at cost, on time.”

mark

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Aug 6, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
89
Reaction score
93
Location
florida
Vehicles
Escape
Country flag
Maybe a mid year entry in 2027 for the Ridgeline? If you need 5 K towing it does not appear that the Fathom is being designed for that. Hope Riley can get some specs for us before year end.
 

klossfam

Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Jul 4, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
6
Reaction score
12
Location
East Amherst, NY
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lighting Lariat ER, 2025 Ford Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Maybe a mid year entry in 2027 for the Ridgeline? If you need 5 K towing it does not appear that the Fathom is being designed for that. Hope Riley can get some specs for us before year end.
I could probably survive with 4K towing in an EV. My biggest boat is 4K loaded and was an easy tow with the Ridgeline (a bow rider with a full cover and could get high 16 mpgs).

I wasn't that confident in long hauls with the Maverick with Max Tow especially with an ECVT. No towing test but I didn't like it on paper.

That being said, having the Max Tow 10K on the Lightning (what I've been used to since June of 2022) is going to make everything seem lame. I towed an approximately 8K tandem UBox trailer loaded to the hilt last summer and still felt like I could win most stop light drags...
 

atomguy245

Member
First Name
Doug
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
17
Reaction score
32
Vehicles
2022 Ford Maverick
Country flag
It's a mystery to me why Honda is stopping Ridgeline production this fall. I understand there's an all-new Ridgeline coming in 2028. I suppose maybe they can stockpile enough 2027 model year Ridgelines to carry them to 2028. I'm puzzled about the move.
They did the same thing with the Acura RDX - stopped production of the current model before the new model was ready.
 
 
Top