ScooterAsheville

Well-Known Member
First Name
Scooter
Joined
Mar 15, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
110
Reaction score
204
Location
Asheville, NC
Vehicles
2022 Maverick XLT, 2022 Volvo XC40
Country flag
Yea, we owned two Volvo XC40s. One had low profile tires. One had a more normal aspect ratio. The low profile tires sucked. Great for looks. Sucky for everyday life.
 

Tdubz

Active Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
43
Reaction score
43
Location
T
Vehicles
F
Country flag
Regarding aero ... I expect the Fathom hood (frood?) to look similar to that on the CX-5.
I think the fathoms hood will be noticeably shorter in length then the cx5. The fathoms windshield is further forward then on the cx5 and the cx5 also appears to have a much larger front overhang.
 

Jasonkola

Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
9
Reaction score
10
Vehicles
2004 Ford F150
Country flag
I think it's necessary for the efficiency gains they're hoping for. Higher ground clearance = lower efficiency.

What's bothering me is these tires look very low profile when compared to that Mazda. I hate low profile tires. Give me smaller wheels.
The low ground clearance might give it better ground clearance but it does not make a huge difference as long as they make the underside of the vehicle flat smooth. I agree 100% about those stupid low profile wheels. I would go to after market wheels immediately if I bought that truck. But I would not buy it with such a low ride like that unless it had an adjustable suspension. I can just imagine hitting a pothole or a pile of snow in the winter and getting damage. my general rule is 6+ inches of rubber sidewall on the tire and 7+ inches of ground clearance. That Fathom looks like it does not have either of those.
 
 
Top