PowerShift

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
22
Reaction score
46
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
A new photo of the Fathom showed up on Reddit. Although it doesn't reveal anything more of the Fathom itself, it does show the Fathom pulled right next to a second gen Mazda CX-5. What it tells us is that the Fathom is just a scoch lower than the Mazda, which is taller than I expected based on the earlier photo with it alongside an Expedition. My sister has a CX-5 and I've spent some time in it, and I felt it was a bit tall and bulky feeling for my tastes, but I think the Fathom will feel a bit different with an apparently lower cowl and larger windshield.

Ranchero EV Pickup Truck Fathom vs. CX-5 Size Comparison - public sighting photo oz4b5wpkwzsh1
 

Snakebitten

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
134
Reaction score
175
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Country flag
That shot definitely implies the spaciousness of the Fathom cabin claims.
Interesting perspective.
 

ScooterAsheville

Well-Known Member
First Name
Scooter
Joined
Mar 15, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
107
Reaction score
198
Location
Asheville, NC
Vehicles
2022 Maverick XLT, 2022 Volvo XC40
Country flag
The thing that sticks out to me in this photo is how much more aggressively the Fathom windshield is raked - especially where it meets the roof.

Eyes play tricks on us. To compare the rake angles, I just place a ruler between my eyes and the screen. I lined up the Mazda "A" pillar, and then I just rotated the ruler so it ran along both "A" pillars. It really jumps out at you.
 

klossfam

Member
First Name
Jeff
Joined
Jul 4, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
7
Reaction score
12
Location
East Amherst, NY
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lighting Lariat ER, 2025 Ford Mach-E Premium
Country flag
All the window rake photos are consistent with the mission. As a multiple EV owner (10+ in the family) aero is the single most important factor in efficiency. Period.

The pick once again confirms this will be a compact aka Maverick size vs midsize that Ford likes to mention. Not Ranger or Ridgeline size...
 
 
Top